Saturday, March 6, 2010

A dress darker than black ... a void of space to be worn

Maria D'Isidoro writes about a dream involving a dressmaker who works the loom with spider legs.

I dreamt of the dress shop the next night. It was night in the train car and lights burned low in the old fashioned sconces. I pulled the scarves apart, as I’d done a few days before, and stepped in. The incense was thicker; I would’ve chocked on it if it weren’t a dream. The shop keeper was there, too. I had been right to compare her to a spider before. From behind her, long, hairy spokes flexed in the air. They looked like giant tarantula legs. After a minute, I realized that they were sticking out of her back. Hide the deadly black tarantula. 
She was seated at a loom in the corner. ... more

Maria D'Isidoro writes her very unusual and interesting blog "The Box" in Baltimore, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment