Saturday, February 27, 2010

A girl told me that it cost $2001 to use that bathroom.

Dawn Meehan, author of "Because I said so... And Other Tales from a Less-Than-Perfect Parent," had a dream in which she could not find a toilet.
'Don at a Pay Toilet', by Sapphire blue, sapphir3blu3 on Flickr
I dreamt that I needed to pee, but I couldn't find a bathroom anywhere. Everywhere I went, the bathrooms were full and people were waiting to use them. At one point, my friend Julie and I met another mutual friend's mom. For some reason, she was a little old lady (in real life, she is not a little old lady). This sweet, little old lady looked like she should be baking or knitting or sitting in a rocking chair with a shawl about her shoulders regaling the younguns with tales from days of yore. Instead, she sat at a table talking to us and dropping f-bombs that shocked the heck out of me and Julie. She told me it was good I was getting divorced so I could marry Doug. (I have no idea who Doug is in real life.)     ... more

"Because I Said So" is "The Offical Blog of Author and Mom Blogger Dawn Meehan."  The dream goes on for several more paragraphs and has 30 comments so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment